Tuesday 9 March 2010

The Gallery. Two.......


This post is my first entry for The Gallery, a virtual art gallery dreamed up by the lovely and most enterprising Tara at Sticky Fingers. Every week she is giving the blogosphere a prompt, and it is our task to take, or choose, a photograph that represents it. This week the prompt was 'numbers'.

I took the picture a few weeks ago because it sums up life on Long Island for me with the Littleboys; two scooters, on the beach, in winter. And here is what it makes me think.

Two little boys. Two little scooters.
Brothers, best friends, rivals, partners in crime.
Double trouble, double pleasure. Two boys forever, doing everything together.
Sometimes we wonder if two should become three? But who knows the answer. Certainly not me.....

15 comments:

Not From Lapland said...

ha ha, lovely picture and lovely little poem too.

Nova said...

That's really sweet...and the beach looks heavenly. I'd like to be there right now!

Hayley said...

Thats a great picture and I love the poem even more! Its fabulous!

Dorset Dispatches said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marianne said...

That's so nice!
Did you get a Long Island Ice Tea in whilst they were playing? :)

geekymummy said...

Very cute, what a lovely beach,

Jo Beaufoix said...

Ahhhh gorgeous pic and fab little poem. I have two too and it is pretty cool. :D

Ju said...

Very sweet. We have the two scooters at home too; but in pink.:)

Tanya (Bump2Basics) said...

Love your photo. Could a native NYer be on the cards for you?!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo. We have a pink version of the scooter. Seems unusual to see it on a beach when my daughter usually has to drag it through muddy grass!

A Modern Mother said...

We have those scooters, but in pink!

nappy valley girl said...

Thanks everyone, I am so glad you like the picture.

The beach IS lovely - we are very lucky. But you can't get a Long Island Iced Tea there though sadly - all beaches here have very fierce 'no alcohol' notices......as for the scooters, they are the boys' absolute favourite thing and I would recommend them to everyone.

As for a native New Yorker, it's not on the cards at the moment but one day my indecision might get the better of me....

angelsandurchinsblog said...

Great pic, and is it that sunny with you now? And all I'll say about two becoming three is that if you're still pondering the question, you probably want it to happen. Don't you think?

family Affairs said...

OOH all my friends seem to have being doing Tara's "numbers" idea - it's great and love yours. Good to meet you Lx

Dorset Dispatches said...

Don't know what I'd do without those scooters. x